Adams Environmental Engineering Group, LLC
About Carianne Adams Finch, PE, BCEE:
Owner/Principal Environmental Engineer
Carianne Adams Finch, PE, BCEE - Owner/Principal Environmental Engineer
(Click here to see Cari on LinkedIn)
Cari is responsible for overall engineering and project management with work including operating remediation systems, site assessment, permitting, preparing plans and specifications and final report review. Daily tasks include scheduling of field personnel, ordering system components, managing system data, maintaining database of system performance including permits and evaluating system performance criteria. She conducts daily tailgate meetings and weekly progress meetings; prepares monthly status reports, prepares contract modifications and submittals; oversees quality control review, budget tracking, scheduling and coordination as it relates to planning, directing and coordinating field staff and subcontractors. With over 30 years of experience, Cari is skilled at integrating the technical and quality aspects of a project, including planning, implementation, and reporting. Cari utilizes her knowledge and experience as an active participant on various committees to provide real time knowledge of the regulatory environments that affect environmental compliance including being the Chief of the Maryland ad hoc Committee on Oil.
- Licensed Professional Engineer - MD, DE, VA, DC, NC
- AAEES Board Certified Environmental Engineer
- MD ad hoc Committee on Oil, Chief, 2021-present
- MD ad hoc Committee on Oil, Secretary, 2014-2021
- Steel Tank Institute, SP001-Licensed Aboveground Tank Inspector
- OSHA certified in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120 Hazardous Waste Operations
- OSHA certified in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.120 Site Supervisor
- US EPA Net DMR Training Certification
- MDE Certified Tank Remover/Technician
- MDE Certified Third Party Tank Inspector
- MD Certified Drinking Water Sampler
- MDE Certified Responsible Person
- MDE Erosion and Sediment Control Responsible Person
- Maryland Home Improvement Contractor
- District of Columbia Risk Assessor
- District of Columbia Certified Tank Remover
- Montgomery County SW Facility Maintenance Contractor - Aboveground and Underground Certification
- Asbestos Building Inspector/Management Planner
- Lead Inspector
- Virginia Stormwater Management Inspector Course, October 2016
- First Aid/CPR/AED Training
Experience and Capabilities
Cari has extensive experience and skills in the investigation of waste disposal sites and/or sites with impacted groundwater. She utilizes her knowledge and experience as active participants on various committees to provide real time knowledge of the regulatory environments that affect environmental compliance. Ms. Finch was selected and participated in the Maryland ad hoc committee on Oil assembled to revise the MDE Maryland Environmental Assessment Technology (MEAT) Technical Guidance document in 2010-2011. Ms. Finch was also selected from the committee to present the proposed document outline at the December 2011 Maryland ad hoc committee meeting and is currently the Chief of the MD ad hoc Committee (since 2014). Cari has closed over 200 MDE cases in the past ten years.
Cari is skilled at integrating the technical and quality aspects of a project, including planning, implementation, and reporting. These quality considerations are further outlined below:
- The project technical and quality objectives are identified;
- The intended measurements, data generation, or data acquisition methods are appropriate for achieving project objectives;
- Procedures are sufficient for confirming that data of the type and quality needed and expected are collected;
- Any limitations on the use of the data can be identified and documented.
Cari will maintain routine communication with clients to ensure that performance standards are consistently and completely met.
She will provide a unique approach and strategy to exceed expectations by:
- Managing contracts in the manner that synchronizes the clients' time sensitive project goals with our project strategy;
- Providing clientele a broad range of experience for providing environmental consulting and engineering services; and
- Focusing on meeting the goals and exceeding client expectations.
Cari has also developed an excellent reputation and working relationship with the MDE (OCP, LMA, WPA, SWM) including the Attorney General’s office, the EPA as well as local governments, which will allow AEEG, LLC to exceed any project objectives. Every consulting firm may know what you need, AEEG, LLC focuses on not only what you need, but more importantly, what you need to AVOID. Knowing how to evaluate potential pitfalls that may impede the success of a project allows for more communication and demonstration of our efficiency of action. Our goal is to have the foresight and acumen to address any potential problems or scope changing events proactively (i.e., discovery of environmentally sensitive areas, excessive groundwater contamination during the delineation scope, etc.).